Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bands everyone should know.

After chatting with many of my friends about music and mentioning bands that I assume are quite popular (due to their brilliance or just the magnitude of people I know who listen to them) and getting black stares and confused responses I thought what better way to relieve my frustration than to Introduce a band or a couple that really everyone should know of but may not.

Of Montreal

Of Montreal

I heard about this band a few years ago, like 2007-ish and thought they were awesome but never really looked into it. Then mid 2008 was introduced to them again on a music blog. I downloaded a couple of their songs, but like most new bands that I find they got lost in the multitude of other music on my iTunes and semi-forgotten. Last year my a cappella group ended up doing one of their songs and that was the beginning of my love affair with Of Montreal.

They started in Athens, Georgia and in 1997 came out with their album Cherry Peel with a bunch of funny but good songs.

Now their latest album False Priest is a lot different than where they started out but still holds true to their unique sound and sassy lyrics.

Songs to download -

Gronlandic Edit – from the album Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?

Bunny Ain’t No Kind Of Killer – Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?

For Our Elegant Castle – Skeletal Lamping

Id Engager – Skeletal Lamping

a great site for downloading :)

Life.Love.Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment